Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
From UNIMAS main entrance, go straight on at the roundabout and take the 3rd exit toward Jalan Meranti. Stay on Jalan Meranti about 210 meter. At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit and continue on Jalan Ramin. Destination will be on the left. Our building is straight ahead on the right next to the Faculty of Medical and Health Science and near Kolej Cempaka.
Candidates undertaking these programs must be self-motivated, proactive and have a high degree of commitment and passion towards their field of study. Entry requirement:
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent with at least CGPA of 2.50 and did not achieve CGPA of 2.75, may be admitted depends on rigorous internal evaluation, or
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent but with CGPA less than 2.50, may be admitted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field.
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate. For international students, a minimum IELTS Score of 6.0 or its equivalent ( eg. TOEFL-525; TOEFL Computer Test-196; TOEFL Internet Test 69-70 ) is required.
Candidates who interested to join us have to review the job descriptions first and confirm you meet all the requirements for the position. Candidates should have:
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline with laboratory and field research experiences
- Have working experience in a related field (emerging diseases, vector borne diseases, virology, vaccine design)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent writing and reporting skills in English
Teaching and research assistantships are generally offered by your program of interest and are usually based on availability of research grants held by lecturers. To be considered for assistantships offered by the academic program or grant holder, contact our Director or your proposed Supervisor to determine the appropriate application process.