GET TRAINING, GET EXPERIENCE, GET A CAREER
Institute of Health and Community Medicine (IHCM) of Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) invites highly motivated individuals with research experience in emerging diseases and/or vector-borne diseases to apply for a postdoctoral position at the institute.
IHCM was founded in 1995 with the goal of studying diseases important in the region. Today, we've come a long way towards achieving our goals, with state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, which allow us to pursue multiple areas of research. Since the beginning, we have been dedicated to investigating the causes and diagnosis of viral diseases affecting our community. Over the years, we have created and continue to strengthen links within our community and have contributed greatly to health issues relevant to the people of Sarawak.
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline with laboratory and field research experiences
- Have working experience in a related field (emerging diseases, vector borne diseases, virology, vaccine design)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent writing and reporting skills in English
- Conduct research works in identified projects or existing projects in IHCM
- Publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals;
- Assist in establishing research networks/linkages with external parties
- Mentoring of postgraduate students
- Publication - All researchers are encouraged to publish research output at national or international level.
- Intellectual Property Copyright belongs to UNIMAS. Researchers are encouraged to apply for registration of Intellectual Property Copyright at national or international level.
- Commercial Revenue must be distributed according to the existing UNIMAS Commercialization Policy.
Closing date of Application
- Application to the University Post-Doctoral Scheme is open throughout the year and each application must be submitted through the respective F/C/I.
- For entry requirement, please refer to the latest guidelines